June 26, 2010

Pups...

Even after having Miss Scarlett, we realize that the pups are such a big part of our life...it brings daily amusement to watch Scarlett smile and giggle as she watches them play and I cannot deny the fact that I love when they cuddle on my lap at the end of the night. So, I thought I would give a little background on our other two "children."
Latte, who is now 6, is a Pomeranian Chihuahua mix that I bought right before my senior year of college with the money I saved as a nanny that summer. I decided upon his name while I was working at a local coffee shop, he was cream colored and extremely hyper in the morning= Latte! He has been my buddy through everything in these past years and John has done a wonderful job of "adopting" Latte as his own. He is now turning into a quiet old man, who has his hyper moments, but truly enjoys being a lap dog and laying in the sun. 
Mia, who is now almost 2, is a Chihuahua mix that we adopted from a rescue while we lived in Oklahoma. We think she may be a Jack Russell terrier mix as well because she jumps SO high and can be very hyper, which looking on the positive side, really amuses Scarlett. She was going to be euthanized at a shelter in Oklahoma when a rescue decided she was adoptable and I found her on their website. We went up to visit her in March and fell in love right away...she was about 4 lbs. when we adopted her and has now tripled her weight to about 12 lbs.!! She is a loving little girl that follows me everywhere and still has her tentative moments with men...but we love her and John has a dream that she will be Scarlett's dog once she is old enough. With her snaggle tooth and crazy expressions, Mia truly is so ugly she is cute!  

No comments:

Post a Comment